In our latest news, we have covered funding, Bitcoin, promising companies, and many more topics with a comment from our CEO, Taras Filatov.
- Bitcoin Price hits 13-Month High of $12,200, liquidating $22M shorts.
- $243,000,000 Bitcoin Transfer turns heads as one of the wealthiest crypto whales on earth awaken.
- Robert Kiyosaki, Rich Dad Poor Dad Author, says Bitcoin is an essential investment as the world is about to face a “major banking crisis,” the popular author has warned.
- Three Swiss Crypto Firms completed the first automated, AML-compliant Bitcoin transfer. The transaction took place late Thursday.
- Bitcoin futures aggregated open interest hit the $5 billion marks, but the overall trend shows that traders are bearish and closing their positions rather than opening new ones.
- Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, is collaborating with law enforcement authorities in Ukraine to take down some large-scale money laundering schemes.
- Huobi DeFi Labs, Huobi Group’s new research and incubation platform focused on decentralized finance, has launched a new consortium with MakerDAO, Compound and more.
- BitMEX operator 100x Group’s investment arm 100x Ventures has invested $1.5 million in Vietnamese fiat-to-crypto trading platform VCC Exchange.
- Russian commercial bank Expobank is said to have issued the country’s first crypto-backed personal loan.
- Tether could be enabling capital flight from China. The East Asia crypto market has reacted fast to news of Beijing’s national digital currency and regional economic tumult.
- The European Commission has proposed an “innovation-friendly” crypto framework that “does not pose obstacles to the application of new technologies.”
- Uniswap traders have spent nearly $7 million in Ethereum fees.
- Yearn overtakes Bitcoin in price. An Ethereum token has become the first to gain a higher price than bitcoin with YFI currently trading at circa $16,000.
- Pantera Capital has confirmed raising $165 million through its popular cryptocurrency fund in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Robinhood announces $200 million in new funding at $11.2 billion valuations.
- Grafana Labs raises $50m in Series A funding. Data can be beautiful, and Grafana is fast becoming the go-to visualization tool for cryptocurrency start-ups.
- BlockFi has announced a $50 million funding round to fund further expansion, including the launch of a crypto-based credit card.
- Huobi, leading crypto exchange, plans to expand its presence in Russia.
- yEarn Finance, a newly Launched DeFi Giant, climbs $12,000 from $32 in a month
- Polkadot DOT rises over 30%, rumors around Coinbase listing adds hope.
- The Flipstarter platform has gained traction in the last five months raising $1 million in bitcoin cash for 12 different campaigns.
- Bitcoin whale, who accumulated 9,000 BTC in late 2018, has sold at 12K$ after 22 months and two capitulation phases
- Hester Peirce, the crypto-friendly commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission, was sworn into her second term on Monday.
- The U.K.’s Financial Conduct Authority has approved Archax, an upcoming digital securities exchange in the country. TF: this is welcome news!
- The Tokyo District Court has ordered the seize of cryptocurrency tied to the $530 million hack cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck suffered back in 2018.
- Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications of Colombia has urged the country to adopt blockchain technology and digital currencies.
- US Congressman Tom Emmer accepts crypto donations to fund his re-election campaign.
- Thailand Judicial System planning a big shift to Blockchain will migrate records to distributed ledger.
- Goldman Sachs is on the hunt for a VP of Digital Assets. The global investment giant is looking for an individual that can define the firm’s activity in the digital assets space.
- Binance has launched the long-awaited staking of BNB on the trading platform. The DeFi staking of BNB will commence on August 20th, at 1 pm (UTC).
- Polkadot Token DOT listed by Binance and Kraken ahead of formal redenomination.
- The Bahamas’s central bank put its digital currency on its official balance sheet in April. First included on page forty-seven of its annual report, the central bank noted that it had put $48,000 worth of the Sand Dollar into circulation. // TF Sand dollar! This is so cool!
- KuCoin, popular cryptocurrency exchange, has issued a warning to users regarding a fraudulent website using its branding in an attempt to steal cryptocurrency. // TF: imposters is a known problem in a crypto space. I saw once someone tried using my Linkedin photo in a crypto project I had no idea about!
- Bulgarian authorities have arrested two men for illegally siphoning off more than $1.5 million in electricity to illegally operate two crypto mining farms. // TF: a known problem in Eastern-European and xUSSR countries where access to electricity is often not properly controlled and is subject to corruption. This and cheaper electricity prices attract many crypto miners into region.
Source: VYSYN News and other crypto news sources