Here is our latest news on Blockchain, Crypto and other related Industry updates
Acquisition, Launches, Funding
- ConsenSys acquires JP Morgan’s blockchain platform Quorum. Under the new “ConsenSys Quorum” brand, the enterprise variant of Ethereum will become interoperable with other ConsenSys products.
- DeFi mania continues as crypto exchange FTX launches “Uniswap Index”. DeFi isn’t showing any signs of slowing down, as demand for the crypto assets relating to this sector is still quite high.
- Perpetual Protocol, a new DeFi project, raises $1.8 million in a funding round led by Multicoin Capital.
- Acala, a DAO established on the newly-launched Polkadot network, successfully raised $7M in Series A from 15 high profile investors, such as Pantera Capital, Arrington XRP Capital, ParaFi Capital, CoinFund, DCG, Spartan Group, and others.
- Binance, a leading crypto exchange, is launching the CryptoSafe Alliance platform in partnership with Oasis Labs, a data privacy company, to prevent and analyze cryptocurrency fraud.
- Fidelity investments said in a new filing to the Securities and Exchange Commission that it is launching a Bitcoin fund — the Wise Origin Bitcoin Index Fund I.
- FTX, top cryptocurrency derivatives exchange, acquires Blockfolio for $150 Million.
- Digital Currency Group enters the Bitcoin mining industry. DCG announced Foundry, a wholly-owned subsidiary that was previously operating in stealth. Through a $100 million investment, DCG seeks to position Foundry as a bridge between mining hardware manufacturers and capital.
- Switzerland’s top online retailer completes transactions with digital franc. The first regulated stablecoin in Switzerland is entering e-commerce.
- SBI Holdings, a financial services company based in Japan, announced the addition of CFDs for premiere cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and XRP. The trading will begin on 31 August on SBI FX which is SBI Holdings’ retail forex brokerage platform.
- DeFi Token YFI peaks at $38,682, more than 3x price of Bitcoin. Next stop $100,000! YFI is a governance token that runs yearn finance.
Blockchain in Space
- NASA funds Space Blockchain. A startup called Orbit Logic received $125,000 to develop a Distributed Digital Ledger for Aerospace Applications.
- Tether moves 3 million USDT to OMG Network. The move appears to be the first major transaction afterTether integrated with the OMG Network last week. OMG is a layer-2 scaling solution and is designed to reduce congestion on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Federal agencies turning to blockchain for its benefits. Even the FDA uses blockchain.
- BitGo applies to become a regulated crypto custodian in New York. The crypto custody company has formally applied for a Trust Charter from the New York State Department of Financial Services.
- Binance, a leading crypto exchange, can now provide its services in Florida.
- The DeFi craze continues as exchanges rush to list popular tokens. OKEx is the latest cryptocurrency exchange to hop on the DeFi bandwagon by listing eight different DeFi tokens.
- Crypto locked in DeFi tops $8 Billion, has doubled over last month. Decentralized finance is on fire, and the amount sitting in smart contracts continues to surge.
- China Construction Bank has begun DCEP wallet registration, the country’s upcoming digital Yuan cryptocurrency.
- LINE, the largest social network in Japan, has unveiled a cryptocurrency wallet for its customers as well as a blockchain platform that enables developers their own tokens, tokenize digital assets and run dApps.Check out our blog on Crypto Wallet.
- Uniswap, an exchange running on ethereum through smart contracts, has for the first time overtaken the biggest US-based crypto exchange, Coinbase.
- ShapeShift employee allegedly stole $900,000 in Bitcoin from company accounts.
- The US SEC has charged two Maryland based companies over a Ponzi scheme that allegedly defrauded investors of $27 million.
- Empire Market, a top darknet site used to sell illicit goods has been offline for more than three days, with fears growing that administrators may have fled with an estimated $30 million in cryptocurrency.
- Ripple executing game plans to expand XRP remittances around the world. The company wants to replicate its success in the US to Mexico remittance corridor in other jurisdictions across the globe.
- Yearn. finance price rallies towards $20,000. YFI has been one of the most successful protocols within the DeFi sector in terms of sheer growth over the past few months.
- China plans to use the digital yuan at the 2022 winter Olympic games in Beijing. Although there is no schedule for the rollout, the central bank is presently conducting internal tests in Shenzhen, Suzhou, Xiong’an and Chengdu.
- Indian crypto P2P market size triples despite regulatory uncertainty. In addition to the Indian P2P market surging in recent months, the country’s DeFi sector has been gaining momentum
- Bybit expands to Japan and Korea with new fiat payment gateways. Bybit has also added support for the Vietnamese language on its platform.
Credit: Telegram VYSYN – Capital News
#Blockchain, #DeFi, #Bitcoin, #Digital Currency, #Crypto, #NASA, #Stablecoin, #Bitcoin mining