April month blockchain industry update is available here…
- Payments giant PayPal announces to allow US customers to pay in Bitcoin at global merchants.
- Bakkt launches consumer wallet app for digital assets including bitcoin.
- Morgan Stanley files for Bitcoin Exposure in 12 Funds. Some funds will have indirect bitcoin exposure through cash-settled futures or investments in the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust, while others might have no exposure to bitcoin.
- BlackRock SEC filings show $360K gained from Bitcoin futures. The filing from the regulatory body comes after BlackRock chief investment officer Rick Rieder said the firm had “started to dabble” in crypto.
- Dapper Labs is now valued at $2.6 billion following a recent $305 million fundraise.
- Yearn Finance Creator introduces DAO Payroll system. How does a Decentralized Autonomous Organization reward its members when it does not have an HR department? Enter Coordinape.
- Russian central bank official speaks out against private stablecoins as a means of payment.
- XRP is on the up and up following Ripple’s 40% acquisition of Tranglo. Malaysian-headquartered cross border payment firm Tranglo sold 40% of its business to Ripple.
- Tether releases an assurance report that shows its stablecoins are fully backed.
- Crypto derivatives exchange Delta raises $5 million in a private token sale.
- Insured Finance partners with Orion Protocol. Orion Protocol users will be able to secure insurance for their unique crypto holdings directly from the trading terminal. The Insured Finance digital asset insurance solution will be integrated with the terminal.
- Grayscale reports over $3 Billion increase in AUM in just four days. Grayscale increased its total AUM by over $3 billion, following the addition of five new trusts for tokens like Chainlink and Basic Attention Token.
- Total crypto market capitalization posts new all-time high above $1.9T. The total crypto market cap briefly surpassed that of Saudi Aramco.
- Enjin has raised $18.9 million to build a Polkadot-based blockchain network, dubbed Efinity, with a focus on non-fungible tokens or NFTs. The network’s Phase 1 is expected to launch around the end of this year.
- Justin Sun buys a Picasso painting for $20 million to tokenize on JUST NFT fund.