The services industry is shifting towards adapting the business resilience and continuity strategy more than ever. The Covid-19 pandemic made the companies more flexible in accommodating new changes swiftly, cost-effectively, and unambiguously. Frontend and backend service providers are now implementing cloud transformations in their business models.
Real-time and on-demand communication is the key to business trust and growth. With remote service provisioning or backend employees working from home, there is a need for a communication model that is easily accessible and can sustain significant user spikes. The answer to these challenges is simple, move your communication system to the cloud.
As the demand went skyrocketing, many communication tool-based service providers emerge as CPaaS. This sector’s main aim is to enable the software and app developers to integrate communication channels in their programs. To facilitate this mission, CPaaS providers build APIs that integrate with any software or apps at the backend.
Dappros Ltd is a leading communication integration service provider with a core Agile software development experience. Dappros is the right vendor who can lead your communication API integration project in apps and CRMs, and deliver results in a timely fashion.
What is CPaaS on the Cloud as a Backend Communication Service Provisioning
The experts of IT services and business administrations define Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) as follows:
- The Definition & Overview
It is a cloud platform that facilitates all the backend substructure and interfaces desirable to empower enterprises in implementing a real-time communication feature. Usually, the businesses infuse this automated communication system in their in-house CRMs, ERPs, or mobile applications.
Multinational conglomerates have been implementing this technology since 2016. Tech giants like Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Accenture, Cognizant, Concentrix, Aon Hewitt, etc., built their own prototypes.
Avaya, the leading software and hardware technology provider for customer contact centers, introduced CPaaS as one of the cloud infrastructure products in late 2020.
Though many technology companies were either softly practicing or testing CPaaS, this sector became an attractive investment opportunity during the Covid-19 pandemic. Most customer contact centers had to allow their employees to start working from home. However, shifting a BPO to the home is highly challenging in terms of security, technology, and cost. Companies providing business communication and support started offering CPaaS as a cloud-powered backend service for various industries.
- The Technology
- Developers use CPaaS as a tool to implement text messaging, voice calling, and video meeting features in computer software and mobile applications.
- Existing ERPs, CRMs, and apps get customized features through API integration.
- Technology companies like Microsoft, Google, and Amazon offer SDKs or software development kits for quick and cost-effective development projects.
- Since CPaaS integrates through the cloud and works as the core tool for backend communication service, it is the complete development structure for coding the real-time communication features or RTCs.
- Some CPaaS technology companies may also offer libraries for cloud app services on the computer or smartphones.
- End-user-facing technology companies do not have to develop a communication stack from scratch. They can alternatively use a plug-and-play backend cloud solution that easily integrates with their apps or programs.
- CPaaS providers also offer APIs, IDEs, sample code, and pre-built apps.
- CPaaS Features and Functions
There are certain functions and features that a cloud CPaaS must offer. A successful backend CPaaS, either offered as service for sale or as a technology to implement, should have the following functions:
- World Wide Private IP: Data and voice communication on the cloud for frontend or backend service through a private IP network for low latency, less cost, and global reach.
- Easy Graphical Builders: Allowing users to integrate CPaaS through visual interfaces, lowering the capital investment on software engineers.
- Voice Calls: A voice calling API for companies to add an outbound calling system in their communication program stack.
- SIP Trunking: CPaaS need to offer flexible SIP trunking. Thus, the companies can opt for pay-as-you-go billing rather than a fixed bill.
- WebRTC Calling: CPaaS should allow WebRTC technology. Through this, you can easily enable voice and video calling in web browsers, mobile apps, and wearable apps. Advanced CPaaS vendors may offer conference recording and call queuing.
- Call Routing: A webhook or HTTP push API will pick up calls from web routing and direct them to the right agent for call disposal.
- Text Messaging: Through SMS API, businesses can implement two-way text communication, messages sent, opened, read, deleted, or forwarded features in their CPaaS offerings or the final company app.
- Multimedia Messaging: Integrating MMS API will enable your CPaaS solution to receive and send images, audio recordings, and video messages.
- Social Media Integration: Social media integration feature of CPaaS helps to scale up and automate your customer service department. You can connect your backend and frontline agents with the customers through WhatsApp, FB Messengers, Telegram, Snapchat, etc.
- Privacy Protection: Security of customer details and compliance with GDPR through masking of PIIs and SPIs.
- Special or Toll-Free Number Offerings: CPaaS need to offer options for the companies to choose from vast telephone number types as per their business model. Companies may also need toll-free numbers, and the CPaaS vendor should be able to meet this requirement.
- Program Analytics: CPaaS service providers should offer basic analytics metrics such as call volume forecasting, agent handling time, agent status, survey monitoring, call drops, transfers, wait time, etc.
Dappros Ltd. is the best source where you can get expert consultation and technology solutions for the project of integrating communication API in enterprise apps and ERPs.
The Best Ten Cloud Communication Service Platforms & Their Comparison
The technical specifications, flexibility, usability, scalability, security encryption, and cost can make or break a CPaaS procurement process. Here, we will compare ten CPaaS solutions on Network, Partner Platform, Security Feature, CPaaS Technology, and Cost.
- 1] Twilio
- Network: It works on a Private IP-based Twilio Super Network.
- Partner Platform: IBM, Zendesk, VoiceBase, and Watson for backend cloud solutions.
- Security Feature: ISO 27001 enterprise-level security with SOC 2 certifications. It also complies with GDPR through masked phone number privacy protection.
- CPaaS Technology: It offers APIs for messaging, voice, email, video, chat, IoT, & AI. It also offers programmable APIs, CRM integration, notifications at scale, chatbots, backend monitoring, OTP, 2FA authentication, and visual programming through Twilio Flex console.
- Cost: Up to 5000 active hours of free usage. USD 1 per active user hour in a pay-as-you-go format.
- 2] Amazon Connect
- Network: AWS cloud services private IP network for the zero-latency experience.
- Partner Platform: Redshift, DynamoDB, Amazon Lex, Amazon Kinesis, etc.
- Security Feature: Supports FIPS 140-2 validated crypto-modules, MFA enabled, latest SSL/TLS protocols along with GDPR compliant operations. Also supports PFS: DHE & ECDHE standards.
- CPaaS Technology: APIs for web chat, voice, mobile chat, graphical builder, auto-outbound calling, call transcription, cloud recording at the backend, Contact Lens AI.
- Cost: Flexible pricing such as bill by the minute as low as 0.0004 USD.
- 3] Telnyx
- Network: Telnyx global private IP for RTC with fully owned PoPs & private LTE.
- Partner Platform: Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon’s AWS.
- Security Feature: Its cloud platform offers end-to-end encryption, TLS, SRTP, ZRTP protocols with GDPR compliant backend service.
- CPaaS Technology: APIs for SMS, voice, global numbers, call control, SIP Trunking, programmable SMS, secure Faxing, Wireless – Cellular IoT, etc., through Mission Control interface.
- Cost: For outbound calls USD 0.007, for SMS USD 0.0025, USD 1 per number along with sustained-use discounts.
- 4] Hearsay
- Network: It offers all CPaaS operations on the Hearsay cloud.
- Partner Platform: Salesforce, Microsoft, Adobe, and Guidewire.
- Security Feature: SOC 2 compliant backend cloud infrastructure.
- CPaaS Technology: APIs for email, sites, voice, and text at scale Universal Dashboard. It also offers state-of-the-art analytics.
- Cost: It offers customized pricing quote as per your business model.
- 5] Plivo
- Network: Offers Tier-1 premium carrier network and guaranteed CLI.
- Partner Platform: IBM, GoDaddy, SnapCall, OLA, Lifesize, etc.
- Security Feature: It offers PCI DSS, AES-256 encryption, HIPAA, GDPR, backend TLS Encryption, unique AUTH ID & AUTH Tokens with HTTPS, and MFA.
- CPaaS Technology: APIs for number lookup, SMS, Voice, Zentrunk, phone numbers, call tracking, 2FA, alerts, notifications, and control these on PHLO interface of Plivo.
- Cost: Pricing starts from USD 0.0120 per minute call, USD 0.005 per SMS, and up to USD 1 per phone number.
- 6] Voxbone
- Network: Worldwide MPLS network is built on six core SuperPops.
- Partner Platform: Aircall, Zoom, Dialpad, Telefonica, Skype, etc.
- Security Feature: Secure Comms: Mutual Transport Layer Security (mTLS) & Secure Real-Time Protocol (SRTP) at the backend of the cloud interface.
- CPaaS Technology: APIs for mobile, toll-free phones, fax services, embedded communication, SMS through single SIP.
- Cost: Pricing is case-by-case basis with 14 days free trial.
- 7] RingCentral Connect
- Network: RingCentral Connect proprietary network.
- Partner Platform: Citrix, Cloud Genix, Cradle Point, Bigleaf Networks, Oracle, etc.
- Security Feature: Supports security protocols like TLS, SRTP, SSAE 18, and ISO 27001-audited backend data centers.
- CPaaS Technology: APIs available for SMS, call recording, voice mail transcription, voice, Glip messaging, Fax, meetings, 2FA, and TOTP verification. The platform offers one of the most extensive knowledge base for API documentation.
- Cost: Plan pricing ranges from USD 20 to 50 per user per month.
- 8] MessageBird
- Network: Global connectivity with over 240 direct to carrier connections.
- Partner Platform: Google Cloud, Viber, WhatsApp, Salesforce, Telserv, Appsolutely, Marketo, etc.
- Security Feature: The vendor has ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification, ACM registration, GSMA membership, and it complies with GDPR.
- CPaaS Technology: They offer backend communication APIs for SMS, WhatsApp, voice, conversations, Numbers, verify, Reporting beta, HLR, contacts, MMS, Lookup, and Balance.
- Cost: Pricing starts from USD 0.006 per minute voice, USD 1.6 per number, and USD 0.006 per outbound SMS.
- 9] Vonage
- Network: Vonage proprietary network with less latency and global reach.
- Partner Platform: Offers integration with AWS, Google Cloud, and IBM SoftLayer.
- Security Feature: It complies with many standards like ISO 27001, SOC, PCI-DSS, HITRUST, and CSA STAR. It also abides by the norms of GDPR.
- CPaaS Technology: It offers a wide variety of APIs for authentication, communication, programmable numbers, and management. Some of the widely used backend APIs from Vonage by developers are video, voice, SMS, In-app voice, SIP Trunking, email, dispatch, number insight, reports, audits, 10 DLC, and phone numbers. It can integrate AI and ML-like Google Assistant or Watson into mobile apps.
- Cost: It could cost in a range of USD 15 to 30 per line per month with a 30-day free trial offer.
- 10] Infobip
- Network: MPLS and Direct L1 Link Cross-Connect.
- Partner Platform: Salesforce, Adobe, CleverTap, Microsoft, Oracle, and Zoho.
- Security Feature: 2FA, masked numbers, payment authorization, backend monitoring of suspicious activity, etc.
- CPaaS Technology: APIs are available for Messenger, Facebook, Viber, WhatsApp, WebRTC, etc.
- Cost: The vendor offers customized quotes as per your business scalability.
Dappros Ltd. has worked with many leading tech leaders in the IT service and other industries to integrate communication APIs in apps, CRMs, and ERPs at the backend. The IT service company is also an expert in cloud business transformation, Blockchain API, software testing platforms, and crypto asset management.
During remote work, businesses need a trusted platform for inter-business communication on the cloud as well as catering to the needs of external partners like vendors, delivery contractors, and customers. Enterprises need to deploy a one-stop communication platform with agility at the backend. Therefore, CPaaS is the ideal technology that can facilitate faster deployments while not compromising service quality control and information security. Dappros Ltd. offers the next-generation implementation of CPaaS, development of advanced APIs, and their integration into your enterprise app or software. As a result, you can continue your business without any effect from external disruptions like the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic or the next natural disaster.