This week in Blockchain News find out price of digital currency, Blockchain projects, investment rounds and economist opinion on crypto regulation.
- NYDIG raises $1B in funding, valuation now $7B. The company stated its goal is to enable access to Bitcoin financial services for everyday individuals.
- Ledn raises $70M, launches Bitcoin-backed Mortgages. Series B led by 10T Holdings whose CEO, Dan Tapiero is also joining Ledn’s board of directors.
- Bitwise launches NFT-tracking index fund for accredited investors.
- Michael Saylor has said that MicroStrategy could lend out its Bitcoin to a trusted counterparty or use it to generate debt. He also said that the firm could explore a Bitcoin-backed bond market if it emerged in the future.
- Terra Stablecoin’s Market Cap could soon flip DAI as adoption continues. Recent developments in the Terra ecosystem have given its native stablecoin a hefty boost.
- Solana Ventures launches $150M fund to boost GameFi on Solana. The fund will invest in Web3 game builders on the Solana blockchain.
- UpOnly reveals Platform Pre-View. UpOnly builds the first play2earn and metaverse data directory. Users will be able to acquire all relevant P2E and metaverse information in an easy and fast way. Analyze, Predict, Earn $UPO!
- Michael Jordan jumps into Web3 via Solana App for Athletes. The NBA legend and son Jeffrey Jordan are launching HEIR, a fan engagement platform built on the Solana blockchain.
- Kazakhstan’s central bank reports results on CBDC pilot project. The National Bank of Kazakhstan said it plans to present some of the results of the CBDC study to stakeholders in July 2022 and reaching a decision on launching a digital tenge by December.
- UpOnly Back-to-Back IDO Schedule Revealed! Play-to-earn and Metaverse data directory UpOnly will carry out three back-to-back IDOs on Synapse Network, 0xBull, and Moonstarter.
- Nakamoto Games performed several updates based on the community’s feedback. Nakamoto Games implemented the player skill tier system, a player tracking tool and added a free to play area. On top of that they launched the fourth game Alien Apocalypse.
- Africa Blockchain Lab recently said it has raised $6 million from a pre-Series A investment round and will use the capital to fund the launch of a crypto wallet.
- Swiss Bank Seba launches regulated gold token, aims to bolster ‘Digital Ownership of Physical Gold’.
- Realms of Ethernity raises $5M in private token sale event from DIG International. Funds are used to develop infrastructure to support AAA-grade MMORPG.
- Parachains officially launch on Polkadot network. The five parachains that went live this weekend, Acala, Astar, Clover, Moonbeam, and Parallel Finance.
- FTX signs $10M deal with Golden State Warriors for brand placement. The Golden State Warriors will soon be promoting FTX, following the exchange’s recruitment of Steph Curry as an ambassador.
- UK advertising watchdog bans crypto ads for Coinbase and Kraken. The ASA wants crypto firms to make it clear that past crypto rallies do not guarantee the same scenarios in future.
- Katie Haun, a general partner at Andreessen Horowitz, is departing the firm to found a new fund dedicated to crypto and Web3 startups.
- IMF chief economist calls for global policy on cryptocurrency. The economist’s remarks come as nations around the world consider how to control cryptocurrencies.
- Genius Yield raises $118M via ISPO in first 48 hours. The initial stake pool offering has seen significant uptake, with one of the four GENS pools being nearly fully committed in just two days.
- Kraken Ventures raises $65M for fund focused on crypto and fintech. The firm has made investments in Blockdaemon, Anchorage, Messari, Hashflow, Acala and pStake.
- SBI Group launches crypto-asset fund for Japanese investors. The SBI crypto-asset fund consists of seven cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, Bitcoin Cash, Chainlink and Polkadot, none exceeding more than 20% in ratio.
- VanEck expands its cryptocurrency offerings by adding two new Exchange-Traded Notes. The two new Exchange-Traded Notes tracking the performance of Avalanche and Polygon.
- Avalanche eyes 60% rally as AVAX price breaks out of bull flag. The bullish setup also emerged as crypto custodian BitGo announced that it would add AVAX to its service portfolio.
- Binance discusses with UAE a plan to pilot its headquarters in the country. The exchange mainly talked with officials in Abu Dhabi Global Market, Dubai International Financial Centre, and Dubai Multi Commodities Centre.
- Grim Finance hacked for $30 Million in Fantom Tokens. Grim Finance is the latest DeFi protocol to be hit by an exploit.
- Coinbase Wallet rolls out support for NFTs. Nonfungible tokens took the crypto market by storm this year, with sales expected to reach almost $18 billion by the end of 2021.
- Nexo partners with Three Arrows Capital to launch NFT lending & art financing service. Bored Ape Yacht Club and CryptoPunks NFTs are two of the options supported as collateral for crypto credit lines on the platform.
- Kraken plans to launch an NFT platform in the very near future.
Read our previous blogs here.
Credit: Telegram VYSYN – Capital News