Find out how New year is influencing decentralized market…
- ROSE gains 54% in a week as the Oasis Network ecosystem expands. ROSE price is on the rise thanks to a $160 million ecosystem fund that helped facilitate the launch of the first DeFi and NFT projects on Oasis Network.
- Ready Player Me raises $13M to expand metaverse platform.
- Shanghai includes metaverse in its development plan. Shanghai’s five-year plan calls for the use of a metaverse in public services, businesses, entertainment, and industrial manufacturing.
- DAOs are the foundation of Web3, the creator economy and the future of work. DAOs are a defining construct for everything that comprises the new decentralized internet, or Web3, and the emerging crypto economic system.
- Web3 is an Open Public Database says Fred Wilson. Web3 is due to new capabilities that for the first time provide a global decentralized database open to all.
- President Bukele predicts Bitcoin $100k rally, further legal adoption and more. Bukele also envisions an oncoming explosive growth for El Salvador’s two in-house BTC-based initiatives, Bitcoin City and Volcano bonds.
- Three reasons why PlanB’s stock-to-flow model is not reliable. Here are three reasons why PlanB’s prediction isn’t accurate and why we can’t expect Bitcoin’s price to increase 10x after each halving.
- Stolen Bored Apes worth $1.9M frozen by NFT Marketplace OpenSea. After a collector said he lost his NFTs in a phishing attack, the top NFT marketplace stepped in to help him recover the assets.
- Genesis issues $6M NFT-backed loan to Meta4 Capital. Institutional investors are increasingly entering the NFT space, particularly interested in providing original lending solutions.
- NFTs find true utility with the advent of the Metaverse in 2021. Nonfungible tokens have one of the biggest innovations that have spread across the cryptoverse in 2021. The Metaverse is set to push its utility further in 2022.
- Slim Shady buys Bored Ape EminApe NFT for $460K. The Bored Ape NFT depicts a gold chain necklace and khaki army cap that Eminem wears in real life and has been officially added to his portfolio by OpenSea.
- Coinone will stop withdrawals to unverified external wallets. The exchange plans to verify users’ names and resident registration details to ensure crypto transactions were not used for illegal activities such as money laundering.
- Robinhood plans to launch beta crypto wallets in January as HOOD drops to $17. The forthcoming crypto wallet will allow users to deposit and withdraw Bitcoin, Ether, Dogecoin and other tokens, the company said.
- SEBI chief warns Indian mutual funds on investing in cryptocurrency offerings.
- MicroStrategy purchases 1,914 Bitcoin, now holds almost $6B in crypto. The company’s holdings are valued at roughly $5.9 billion, representing more than $2.1 billion in gains since its initial purchase in August 2020.
- SEC chair has a new senior adviser for crypto. Corey Frayer has worked as a staff member of the Senate Banking Committee as well as a senior policy adviser for some members of the House Financial Services Committee.
- Kevin O’Leary says his crypto holdings could reach 20% of portfolio. Clearer regulations around stablecoins could make crypto a more viable investment option, according to the Shark Tank star.
- Will US regulators shake stablecoins into high-tech banks? U.S. stablecoin issuers might soon face liquidity, customer protection and asset reserve rules — and maybe even a deposit-insurance mandate like banks.
- Valereum acquires Gibraltar-based Juno to expand on crypto-fiat bridge. The agreement is an essential step toward creating a fully regulated link between the fiat and crypto worlds.
- Estonia’s new AML laws set to clamp down on crypto industry. The new guidelines reportedly expand the definition of Virtual Asset Service Providers to include DApps, ICOs and related services.
- VCs don’t understand that Cardano has a community: Charles Hoskinson. Hoskinson also highlighted the need to change Silicon Valley’s “bizarre mantra of move fast and break things” in crypto, which caused losses of $10.5 billion in the DeFi space in 2021.
- Indian taxman recovers $6.62M from WazirX for evading tax on commission. Government officials from CGST Mumbai Zone recovered the funds from crypto exchange WazirX after detecting a GST evasion of $5.43 million on trade commissions.
- South Korean Lawmaker says he will start accepting crypto donations in the new year.
- Lee Jae-myung, nominated by the ruling party in South Korea for the upcoming presidential elections this spring, is preparing to raise funds in cryptocurrencies and issue non-fungible tokens for supporters.
- More billionaires turning to crypto on fiat inflation fears. The number of billionaires who have invested in crypto increased last year, and that trend could continue into 2022 as fears over fiat intensify.
- Venture capitalists invested about $30 billion in crypto-related businesses in 2021, a 450% growth compared to the previous year.
- Ether drops below $3,800, but traders are unwilling to short at current levels. Ethereum network saw a nine-fold increase in its smart contract deposits, but a descending channel continues to pressure the price.
- Ethereum white paper predicted DeFi but missed NFTs: Vitalik Buterin.
- The locked balance on the Ethereum 2.0 deposit contract has reached a new all-time high of 8.8 million ETH, worth over $33 billion.
Read our previous blogs here.
Credit: Telegram VYSYN – Capital News